HAVING THE GOD-KIND OF FAITH
WHERE BELIEVING WILL AFFECT YOUR RECEIVING
Have you heard of the “God kind of faith?” This is the type of faith Jesus spoke about in the Bible.
To have the God kind of faith, we need to know what faith means and how we can develop it.
The most important key to understanding and developing the God kind of faith is to know how God and Jesus demonstrated faith.
Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.” Mark 11: 22-25 (NLT)
Jesus, in this scripture was teaching His disciples how to live by faith—specifically showing them how the God kind of faith works and how we should use it.
HOW GOD-KIND OF FAITH WORKS
The power of God’s word is seen as early as during Creation. Repeatedly, God spoke His will into existence as seen in Genesis 1:
- “Then God said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light” (verse 3).
- “Then God said, ‘Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth. ’And it happened” (verses 6-7).
- “Then God said, ‘Let the waters beneath the sky flow together into one place, so dry ground may appear.’ And it happened” (verse 9).
- “Then God said, ‘Let light appear in the sky to separate the day from the night…’ And it happened” (verses 14-15).
God created and brought forth change through His words. He had no doubt that His words would do what He wanted them to do. And Jesus was no different.
As imitators of Christ, we’re called to do what we see Jesus doing, and to say what we hear Jesus saying. Ephesians 5:1 says “Therefore be imitators of God as dear children”
We have to release our faith through our words, words that reflect and repeat the Word of God. This is a key element in developing the God kind of faith.
When Jesus spoke to the fig tree, saying, “May no one ever eat your fruit again!” He wasn’t speaking about the tree; He was speaking to the tree. He spoke what the desired and end result must be. He didn’t wait until the circumstances or outward situation changed and agreed with His words before He said anything. He boldly spoke what the end result should be before there was any sign.
“He knew the situation would line up with His words.”
We can follow His example by proclaiming our end results, which is based on the Word of God. When we need healing, we can boldly say, “I am healed,” because Isaiah 53:4-5 promises that Jesus paid the price for our healing. When we need provision, we can proclaim, according to Philippians 4:19, that our every need is met. When we need peace, we thank God for He has given us the peace that surpasses all understanding according to Philippians 4:7. When it is joy we require, we know that God’s joy will be the strength that will see us through every situation according to Nehemiah 8:10.
WHAT DOES GOD-KIND FAITH LOOK LIKE
- FAITH IS A MYSTERY: 1 Timothy 3:9, says “Holding the mystery of faith with a pure conscious”. Faith is a mystery because it has the potential to go outside of time, matter and space into the supernatural where you can bring and draw from God what is necessary when faced with adversary. The spirit and the word which is inside of you produces faith to subdue your mind.
- FAITH IS A VIOLENT FORCE: Paul says in 1 Corinthians 2:5 “That your faith should not be in the wisdom of man but in the power of God”. Faith is a violent force which empowers us, so that we can overcome. 1 John 5:4 says “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world and this the victory that has overcome the world, our faith”. Do you want to overcome the world? do you want to overcome every principality, every power, every negative word, everything that comes against you, the Bible says that whoever is born of God, is born of His seed and this gives us the victory through authority to overcome the world and every situation. When you hear and listen to the word of God faith comes. It is by faith that we can move from dimension to dimension.
- FAITH CONVERTS THE WORD OF GOD INTO POWER. Faith is the catalyst that converts the word that is inside of you into power. John 1:12 “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: The word “power” here comes from the Greek word “exousia” meaning authority. It is therefore your faith that gives you the authority to become what God has said concerning you. The “power to become” is released at the instance of your faith. What God has written is established in eternity and cannot be revoked or changed.
“But what you become is determined by what you believe.”
- FAITH IS FULLY PERSUADED OF THE TRUTH. Romans 4:21 “And being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform” We need to be fully persuaded that He can do all things. This kind of faith cannot be moved and always takes the victory. It’s the faith that takes possession of everything that grace has made available and doesn’t leave anything on the table.
- FAITH PLACES YOU ABOVE PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS. We are seated with Christ in heavenly places. Our joint-seating with Christ is “far above” all principalities and powers of darkness. Evil spirits can’t inﬂuence believers who are seated with Christ in heavenly places. Our seating and reigning with Christ is a position of authority, honour, and triumph—not failure, depression, and defeat. Because we are believers, our seating with Christ is part of our inheritance even now here on earth.
- REST IS THE CAPITAL EVIDENCE OF FAITH. God says “be still and know that I am God”, because by faith I am still, by faith I know that He is God, it’s a position which I take up.
Faith unlocks a world of endless possibilities, connects you to the realm of the supernatural, and causes the unseen things to come into the visible. Jesus told His disciples, “Have faith in God,” but when translated from the original text actually says “have the God kind of faith”.
Faith is like a house; it must be built on a strong foundation if it is going to stand tests and storms. The foundation of faith is the Word of God. You cannot build a great faith life without the Word. The best part about this truth is that the Word of God will never fail. It always brings success.