Have You Ever Wanted to Meet the Holy Spirit?
Have You Ever Wanted to Meet the Holy Spirit?
If you have a desire to engage in a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit, then this article is just for you.
God is a good Father and gives only His best to His children. He gave His Son’s life for your life, His light for your darkness, His Spirit to birth forth a new order in your life by divine power. An incalculable gift, the Holy Spirit co-equal with the Father and Son yet distinct from them.
But the Spirit of God seems to be the most debated and misunderstood person of the Trinity and I want to introduce Who He is to you so that you can become more intimately acquainted with Him.
- What or who is the Holy Spirit?
- What is He like?
- What does He mean to me?
SCRIPTURE DESCRIBES THE HOLY SPIRIT IN PERSONAL TERMS, NOT AS AN IMPERSONAL FORCE SO LET US ESTABLISH WHAT HE IS NOT:
- He is not a thing or an element.
- He is not a force, although He is powerful.
- He is not an emotion, although He comforts us and gives us peace; He has a sensitive nature and feels emotions.
- He is not a thought, although He brings to our minds what Jesus has said.
- He is not a message, although He comes to reveal messages from heaven.
- He is not a dove, although He is soft and tender towards us, like a dove.
- He is not a wind, although He moves like the wind – unseen but making visible manifestations on physical, emotional and spiritual environments.
- We cannot see Him with our natural eyes, but we can feel and experience His presence.
- He is not water, although He quenches our spiritual thirst just like water quenches our physical thirst.
- He is not fire, although He burns and purifies us like fire burns and purifies physical material.
- When He comes upon us, He burns all sin, iniquity, sickness and He set us apart to serve the Lord.
“Nothing and no one can replace the Holy Spirit for He is God in our midst!”
The Scriptures are clear, and they confirm the deity of the Holy Spirit.
WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT IN HIS SOVEREIGNTY?
- HE is God Himself, containing everything from God and extending His kingdom on earth, here and
- HE is the third person of the Trinity, which consists of God the Father, God the Son, and God the
- HE is the eternal breath of life of God in a
- HE is the administrator of the riches and gifts of the Lord Jesus.
- HE is to us what Jesus was to His disciples; as the Helper whom Jesus sent us, He is Immanuel, “God with us.”
- HE is the realm of the Spirit and the supernatural power of God.
- HE is a Person with a mind, will and emotions.
- HE functions under different names and exhibits a variety of qualities. Each one of these descriptions help us to understand His His characteristics, movements, flow and His identity as the third person of the Trinity.
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT A THING, HE IS A PERSON:
Firstly, the Holy Spirit is the very essence of God’s own life. When He invades an atmosphere, His presence often becomes tangible, shining in the darkness, reviving everything that was dead, bringing order to chaos, and filling every void. Thus, He works in the same way He did at the beginning of creation - Genesis 1:2.
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
Genesis 2:7 (NKJV)
The Hebrew word translated as “Spirit” is “Ruach”, meaning: breath, violent exhale, wind, respiration, life, spirit, and Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the breath of the Almighty God. The Holy Spirit is the One who breathes God’s life into us. Without Him we are nothing more than earthly matter.
God creates but the breath of the Almighty is what gives life - Psalm 33:6. By the Spirit everything is connected to new life, that is why we can say that we have been born again. The truth is that we are not of God without His Spirit - Romans 8:9 & 14.
The Holy Spirit is holy - 1 Peter 1:15-16, which means separate, unique, uncontaminated and set apart. The Father is holy in His essence which means that His Spirit is holy in His essential nature as well.
“Everything that the Holy Spirit touches gains life!”
Since we have established that the Holy Spirit is a person it is also correct to say that He his sensitive, possesses emotions, intellect and a will.
HE CAN BE GRIEVED:
The word “grieve” is translated from the Greek word “lupeo”, which means to afflict, sadden or hurt. When we grieve the Holy Spirit, we displease and sadden God. Ephesians 4:25-32 lists attitudes He dislikes.
HE CAN BE QUENCHED:
The word “quench” is translated from the Geek word “sbennumi” which means to extinguish. It indicates to turn off, obstruct the flow or cut off the source of power. Many people have no clue as to Who the Holy Spirit is or how He moves among us. Because of this when He starts to reveal Himself in a service the leaders ignore Him and continue with their own schedule instead of giving Him room to manifest and do as He please.
HE CAN BE VEXED OR ANGERED:
If we push the Spirit of God to this point, He becomes our enemy and fights against us because rebellion is the spirit of Satan.
Isaiah 63 gives clear guidelines to what angers the Holy Spirit.
- HE IS the Gift of God and the Giver of Gifts - 2 Timothy 1:6.
- HE IS the Seal of God and the Mark of His Approval - Ephesians 1:13.
- HE IS the tangible proof of God’s presence in us and among us - Acts 1:8.
- HE IS the manifesting power of God, the Creator Spirit and Giver of Life. – Romans 8
There is nothing worth more that will ever come close, nothing that can compare, He is our living hope. There is not enough paper to put all of Him in words, there are no words eloquent enough in earthly translations to describe Him absolutely.
HE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT, THE THIRD PERSON IN THE HOLY TRINITY – HE IS GOD!
For international givers, use the PayPal Button below
Swift Code: SBZA ZA JJ